PRENATAL CHIROPRACTIC CARE
Chiropractic care is vital in supporting the normal physiological function of both mother and baby during the natural processes of pregnancy and birth.
BENEFITS FOR THE MOTHER:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bone structures, muscles, and ligaments.
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus, reducing torsion and intrauterine constraint.
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nervous system which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions.
- Promotes a safe, easy birth for the mother, decreasing the potential for intervention.
BENEFITS FOR THE INFANT:
- Removes interference to the mother’s nervous system, allowing for optimal fetal development
- In the early weeks, allows space for the baby to grow without restriction to its developing cranium, spine, and other skeletal structures.
- In the later weeks, offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- Reduces risk of dystocia, surgical birth, and other interventions, because proper fetal positioning allows the baby to travel the birth canal with ease.